This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Cursor with a mind of its own

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

you have to ask yourself, "how did he post this problem, if his cursor wont respond?" - Answer: with great difficulty anyway - I am working on an old Compaq EVo N400c with one of those silly "pencil eraser" style mouse/pointer in the middle of the keyboard to control the cursor. lately the cursor has started to "float" to the top of the screen or to the bottom of the screen where it will stay until I move it back up using the "mouse" today (while on the road and working and needing to work with my computer!) it has gone totally "off the reservation" - meaning, I can barely get it to move off the bottom or top of the screen. when I plug in my USB travel mouse, sometime it comes back under my control and other times it goes off on its own. what is the likely source of the problem? kevin
Did changing your mouse solve the problem ? If not maybe the devices has a problem Better check your devices Check your Device Manager and check your mouse device. It must be "working properly" if not then you should reinstall it. Reinstalling it would install missing files needed to be able to control your mouse pointer. Then update it . I hope this could help :D

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI