This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Help plz I Deleated Wingows 98 i think

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I Got A Gateway solo9100 laptop from my work cuz they got new ones, it Had windows 98 on it, I wanted to install windows pro. but after i tried to install windows xp it told me i needed more room so i deleated the other stuff untill i had room for windows xp I think i deleated windows 98 :rant: :rofl: so now when i boot up the laptop is goes to C:\ And I don't know how to install the windows xp cd :( :scratch: after the computer Boots up i can give dos comands such as time,date,dir etc…
Looks to me that this particular Gateway Laptop will not support Win XP or even Win2K. Which means, you're stuck with Win98….. Which means your really stuck, since MS will no longer support Win98 after July of this year and has already stopped providing critical update/patch utilities for recent threats. MS explains this early lapse as: "Machines running Win98/ME 'may not have this vulnerability'." Yeah, right!

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI