my computer has windows 98 but i want to install windows 2000win pro, i have the cd so what do i do now. i am not a computer wiz so can someone walk me thru the process???????????? please help asap. thanks
It would be useful to know more about your machine, before giving you advice on this installation. Most problems that users encounter relate to hardware that is not suitable or needs updated drivers in order to run Windows 2000.
This is the beginning of a step-by-step tutorial printed at the time Win 2000 came out, for folks who were installing Win 2000 for the first time. It should provide useful tips and steps for your installation. http://www.informationweek.com/story/showA…14100051&pgno=3
In the event you wish to discuss specifics mentioned in the linked instructions, please feel free to return here with those questions.
how do ya backup data, like i say i'm a rookie at computers. i am thinking that i do not care to back it up. also after i reinstall do i reregister all information ??? thanks
Backing up information in your case of a totally new Operating System installation really only refers to "saving" any documents and files that may be important to you.
You can "save" your documents and files to a CD or DVD if you have either CD-RW or DVD-RW
Best Regards
Whoops! Tonepaq, I apologize, I did not notice that you we're responding and helping in this thread. Maybe you were posting while I was typing. Anyway, I apologize.
Doug