Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Hotmail Login Secure Connection Dropping

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fkerrx

fkerrx

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 April 2006 - 02:33 PM

I've recently removed some adware that was sticking me with adrevolver banners from e-bannerx.com. However, when I login to hotmail on MSN via secure login I still get the "leaving secure connection" msg and it takes me to a mixed zone, instead of secure. Everything is fine and secure in firefox, figures, but I'd like to fix this for paranoia's sake. All suggestions welcome. Peace, D.

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Doug

Doug

Retired Administrator -Tech Team

• Tech Team
  • 10,057 posts

Posted 28 April 2006 - 09:22 AM

I've recently removed some adware that was sticking me with adrevolver banners

Please describe what steps to took to do the above.

I recommend doing such an un-intall while in SAFE Mode.
Then I'd navigate to C:\Program Files and remove by deleting any "remnants" of adrevolver or references to e-bannerx.com, including the entire folder.
For instance:
C:\Program Files\Folder that contained adrevolver <---- remove the "bolded" folder.

Now go to your IE - Tool - Internet Options - Security (tab) - Trusted Zone
Make sure e-bannerx.com or other references to adrevolver have not placed themselves in your Trusted Zone. If you find them there.........Remove them.

Best Regards
The help you receive here is free.
If you wish, you may Donate to help keep us online.

#3 fkerrx

fkerrx

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 05:21 PM

I've ran noadware, nuker, s&d, adaware, xoftspyse, avg free, cleared all cookies, cache, java cache, reset all web/privacy settings and replaced my hosts file. And to wrap it up, I reinstalled all web related applications on my box. That's what I did. Could it be that the banners displayed are not from a secure server, and that is why I'm getting this warning?

#4 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 03 May 2006 - 06:03 PM

Can you access ANY "secure" sites?
:unsure:
Such as this one ?
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#5 fkerrx

fkerrx

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 May 2006 - 08:23 PM

Yes, I can visit that site. I already have an updated hosts file, too.