This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hotmail Login Secure Connection Dropping

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've recently removed some adware that was sticking me with adrevolver banners from e-bannerx.com. However, when I login to hotmail on MSN via secure login I still get the "leaving secure connection" msg and it takes me to a mixed zone, instead of secure. Everything is fine and secure in firefox, figures, but I'd like to fix this for paranoia's sake. All suggestions welcome. Peace, D.

I've recently removed some adware that was sticking me with adrevolver banners


Please describe what steps to took to do the above.

I recommend doing such an un-intall while in SAFE Mode.
Then I'd navigate to C:\Program Files and remove by deleting any "remnants" of adrevolver or references to e-bannerx.com, including the entire folder.
For instance:
C:\Program Files\Folder that contained adrevolver <—- remove the "bolded" folder.

Now go to your IE - Tool - Internet Options - Security (tab) - Trusted Zone
Make sure e-bannerx.com or other references to adrevolver have not placed themselves in your Trusted Zone. If you find them there………Remove them.

Best Regards
I've ran noadware, nuker, s&d, adaware, xoftspyse, avg free, cleared all cookies, cache, java cache, reset all web/privacy settings and replaced my hosts file. And to wrap it up, I reinstalled all web related applications on my box. That's what I did. Could it be that the banners displayed are not from a secure server, and that is why I'm getting this warning?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI