eldina55
Topic Starter
Hardware
RECONFIGURE MACHINE
2 min read
shelf life
i wouldnt buy it.
huh?incompatable software
you do have up to date antivirus software right?not that it has anything to do with setting up a wireless connectionviruses, etc
eldina55
I have avg and it always up to date. Before that had trend micro free trial that came with the computer and before the experation I down loaded avg. I also run SBSD, ad aware,edwido so I must have downloaded some sneeky trojans or malware. Is fairly easy to reformate? I have basic knowledge I might need some step by step instructions.
Thanks for responding,
Eldina
Juliet
What problems are you having for the Tech to tell you this….
And are you getting any error messages or alerts?
And are you getting any error messages or alerts?
eldina55
Everytime I tried to run my edwido it crashed my machine so I just removed it today. I think mabe I had so many virus,malware programs that there was conflict someware. I am tring to remove trendmicro trial version that came with my dell but it is asking for a password that I forgot. Even when I tried to go through hijack this it would ask for the password. I e-mailed the company but no response as yet. When I get online trendmicro dials out, edwido, and AVG. My grand daughter downloads music and is on myspace all the time. I constantly tell her to run ad aware when she is done but you teenagers :rant2
eldina55
My grandaughters computer was on line untill I downloaded spectre soft then turned off her machine when she turned it on … she was unable to get online again. This was what I hired the tech for.
Eldina
wng_z3r0
I think reconfigure=reformat according to the technician…
Juliet
No idea if this will work but it's worth a try.
Boot into safe mode…….with networking.
Try and update all virus and spyware programs.
Disconnect from the internet and run the programs in an attempt to try and locate whatever has infected your machine.
Start the computer in Safe Mode:
-Restart your computer.
-When the machine first starts again, tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
-Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys…Or SafeMode with Networking.
-Press Enter to boot into Safe Mode.
Make note of whatever is found……and post the information here.
From that it's possible to identify the problem.
Until then no more music downloads.
Boot into safe mode…….with networking.
Try and update all virus and spyware programs.
Disconnect from the internet and run the programs in an attempt to try and locate whatever has infected your machine.
Start the computer in Safe Mode:
-Restart your computer.
-When the machine first starts again, tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
-Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys…Or SafeMode with Networking.
-Press Enter to boot into Safe Mode.
Make note of whatever is found……and post the information here.
From that it's possible to identify the problem.
Until then no more music downloads.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI