This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Sometimes my internet conection changes.

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have two computers on a secured wireless internet connection. A laptop and a pc. The connection has a name. Sometimes the laptop which is furthest from the wirless router/cable modem will switch, on its own to the router/modem. My neighbor is a software engineer. Am I being paranoid?
After reading through some of the posts it seems the router/cable modem in my case Netgear needs to be encrypted/secured . I do not believe mine is, the router/modem I believe is not secure. I am a newbie with alot of this stuff so be gentle.
Hi keltics. Instead of typing a bunch of stuff from pages I find via a Google search, I'll provide you with the link to the Google search results page. There is a lot of information available to help you secure your wireless network. Ignore the first one, but then next 5 or 6 have excellent information.

Read through them, then if you have any questions come here and ask and I should be able to help with them.

See here: how to secure a wireless network

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI