This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Networking Issue

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently got my grandfather's old laptop and had it connected to our home's wireless network. Everything was working fine until I contracted some sort of spyware/trojan. I was able to remove all infections thorugh the HJT and great help. However, after the clean, I can no longer access the shared folders on the other computers in my network. The error I am getting is: "\\Black\ScottStuff is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. No network provider accepted the given network path." As far as I know, no permission settings were changed on the other computers. What's more, if I got to "add a network place" I used to find my home network under Entire Network > Microsoft Windows Network > Mshome. Now however, I cannot even view Mshome. There is simply nothing under "Microsoft Windows Network. Any ideas? P.S. I have two computers hardwired to the network and two wireless. I am running through a Siemens Speedstream 4100 moden and Linksys SRX 200 router.
I'm decidedly not a Networking expert, but here's my first-line suggestions. I'd uninstall the Linksys connection (device manager - uninstall driver for wireless card)on the infected machine, and reinstall it, including re-entering the key word for generating the systems encryption code. It will probably help others as you progress through your solutions, to let us know what you've tried so far. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI