This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Cannot find wireless networks/Cannot enable wireless connection

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello, I'm running a Toshiba Satellite L300 with Windows Vista Home Premium x64 and a T6400 processor. I haven't had any connection problems untill now. The problem I'm having now is Windows cannot find any wireless networks. I can connect through a Ethernet cable but not wirelessly. Another thing that bothers me is that I can't enable the network connection in the network connections folder. I don't know why this is happening suddenly as I haven't made any changes involving my network settings at all. I've looked it up on the internet but couldn't find anything that would help me. One solution that looked promising was: http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t374…ange-error.html

That didn't work though because my "event log" service was already set to Automatic so my case must be different. All help is appreciated and thanks a lot.
Hi, and welcome to the WTT forums :welcome: Sorry to hear of the problems with your wireless internet. Here's some first things to check: 1 Is your wireless switched on? most modern laptops have an external switch that may have been inadvertantly switched off…(It may also be an F key) check your user manual for details 2 try switching on "wireless" on your computer then closing down your machine and wait until you have also switched off your router/gateway/wireless access point/modem.(warn anyone on your network of the shutdown!) 3 switch on first your modem/router/gateway/wireless access point and after 3 minutes switch on (start) your computer. 4 wait 5 minutes 5 now try to connect and see if it works Regards paws

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI