This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

USB removable momory issue

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

In the past I have used my jumpdrive to move songs from computer A to computer B. However recently seemingly at random nine songs copy themselves to my jumpdrive. It isn't really a serious problem, but it really has me curious. I have defragmented the jumpdrive and I thought I had deleted all traces of the songs. Could it be in the way I have wmp configured? Any other ideas? Thanks in advance!!!!!!!! Windows XP Media Center 2005 WMP v.10
the files were all .wma I believe, I can't say for certain. Would it matter if there were also .mp3 files? (that would be the only other possible file type I could think of.) Does it matter if I leave my USB drive in when I shut down my computer? On my previous computer, it required me to remove the thing before I shut down so the computer wouldn't try to run anything on the USB disk while booting (or something to that effect).
A friend has said there may be a problem in the "table of contents" in my jump drive. Is this accessable via the properties menu?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI