Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

songs to USB

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts
  • Interests:Grandchildren, puttering, pc.

Posted 15 September 2019 - 04:57 PM

I was able to burn 7 songs onto a 32 GB flash drive which played in my car. I am having trouble adding more songs to that flash drive. Could you please briefly help me with some steps in WMP?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:53 PM

I don't know what problem you are having... but here is what I do.

I always burn my music to my harddrive.  I then simply make a playlist of all of my music and copy it on the thumb drive.

Tomk
------------------------------------------------------------
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#3 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Waking each morning to see the green side of the Earth!

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:56 PM

Hello again Peter. Can't you just copy the mp3 files to the flash drive? It should hold hundreds, maybe several thousand songs.

Rich

Die with memories, not dreams. – Unknown

#4 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:14 AM

I do have to rip songs from the CD to begin with. I did it somehow but I forgot how using WMP.

After ripping them to a place like desktop can I just copy and paste.

Could you give me a few hints about ripping from the CD so the flash drive will work?

Do I have to rip or can I just copy and paste from the CD to the DVD. I need to save as MP# I believe.

Edited by Peter1, 16 September 2019 - 06:15 AM.

#5 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 01:10 PM

I figured it out and now need a safe free source to download music -I can convert to MP3
The music I have downloaded so far from 2 discs works great in the Honda 2017 CRV EXL.
So can you provide a safe download source?

#6 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:42 PM

It depends on what you are really looking for.  If you are looking for "popular" music... then I think you will find that there are very few legal and safe ways to download.  In order to legally download music for free, the artist must approve the free distribution of their music.  I believe you will find that most artists will not give away for free their music that people are willing to pay for.

If you just want any music, then I believe there are a few sources of legally downloadable free music.  These won't be songs that you might hear on the radio, or at least not performed by the bands/singers that you might expect to hear.

While it is fairly easy to get a ton of music for free (copying, "borrowing", ripping, etc.), in most cases it is illegal.  You can rip music from CD's that you legally own, creating music files for your personal use.  You can even legally make one copy of a whole CD that you own for your personal use.  However, you cannot rip songs from CD's you don't own.  You cannot rip songs from CD's you borrowed.   You cannot give/sell/loan music files to someone else.

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#7 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 04:07 PM

Yes Tom I understand that. There are sources such as Firefox-plugin-, YouTube where you can legally download. 

Also Amazon has songs to download. Pandora and Spottily also allow downloads.

Things are coming along nicely thank you. I appreciate all the information I can gather and ope others benefit.

#8 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 11:35 AM

https://my-free-mp3s.com/

I wanted to thank everyone who helped me learn how to put music into my car.

I personally avoid the phone so found this great program My Free MP 3 which allowed me to put approximately 75 songs on my flash drive and it plays beautifully in the car. The other way is to download Documents from the App Store if you have an iPhone.  I hope this information will help someone who follows me but thank you all once again for your help

#9 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts
  • Interests:Helping people fix MS Windows related computer problems of all kinds.

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:17 PM

That site looks dodgy to me. No mention of royalties or royalty free. How do you know the music you download is legal?

Rich

#10 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 06:59 PM

WOT rates it safe, but some users report being directed to infected files.  Scamadviser gives it an 83% safe rating.  Google safe browsing gives it a safe rating.

Those results are for .com.  There is also a .net and a .biz.  MBAM blocks .biz

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#11 Ztruker

Ztruker

WTT Technical Elder

• Tech Team
  • 8,292 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 07:13 PM

Overall not bad then.

Rich

#12 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 17 September 2019 - 10:42 PM

Apparently.

Still would scare me to use.

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#13 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 06:47 AM

Tom, could you recommend a better site than the link I posted?

I don't know about the safety tests you run.

#14 Tomk

Tomk

Beguilement Monitor

• Global Moderator
  • 20,451 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 07:21 AM

I can't, Peter.  It's not something that I do.  As I noted above, the site gets good ratings for safety.  It's not from tests that I run.

My computer "expertise" here is/was malware removal.  It has made me very leary of download sites - specially of music or movies.  In my time working logs on the forums, they have been the number one source of infections.  I used to warn people that if they used torrent sites to download movies, music, and games... it was guaranteed they would be infected.  The only question was how bad it would be.

The reality is that torrents are just a tool.  People in the linux community use them all of the time, though not to download pirated programs, movies, and songs.  Torrents weren't/aren't the problem.  It was/is how people used them.  It's kind of like the gun debate.  Guns are a tool.  They don't hurt anyone.  Evil people use them for evil purposes at times.  Just like other tools like knives, bats, sticks, or rocks.

Music "sharing" sites are probably the biggest reason that Itunes exists.  People were "sharing" music and the artists were getting nothing because it was all pirated.  There was actually a malware, 10 or 15 years ago that was created by a record company and embedded in the music files to try to stop the pirating of the music.  Itunes provided a legal means to pay the royalties on the music and download it without having to buy a CD and rip it.

Based on the "numbers", this site sounds pretty legit.  My "world view" causes me to avoid this type of site.  That doesn't make it "bad".  It's just something that I don't do.

Tomk
Microsoft MVP 2010-2014

#15 Peter1

Peter1

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:03 AM

Anyway, thank you for letting me know it is somewhat safe .

Rich helped me find a nice site I can use.

I'll know who to come to for malware hep.  :)

Edited by Peter1, 18 September 2019 - 08:04 AM.