This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

songs to USB

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was able to burn 7 songs onto a 32 GB flash drive which played in my car. I am having trouble adding more songs to that flash drive. Could you please briefly help me with some steps in WMP?

I don't know what problem you are having… but here is what I do.

 

I always burn my music to my harddrive.  I then simply make a playlist of all of my music and copy it on the thumb drive.

I do have to rip songs from the CD to begin with. I did it somehow but I forgot how using WMP.

After ripping them to a place like desktop can I just copy and paste.

Could you give me a few hints about ripping from the CD so the flash drive will work?

 

Do I have to rip or can I just copy and paste from the CD to the DVD. I need to save as MP# I believe.

I figured it out and now need a safe free source to download music -I can convert to MP3
The music I have downloaded so far from 2 discs works great in the Honda 2017 CRV EXL.
So can you provide a safe download source?

It depends on what you are really looking for.  If you are looking for "popular" music… then I think you will find that there are very few legal and safe ways to download.  In order to legally download music for free, the artist must approve the free distribution of their music.  I believe you will find that most artists will not give away for free their music that people are willing to pay for.

 

If you just want any music, then I believe there are a few sources of legally downloadable free music.  These won't be songs that you might hear on the radio, or at least not performed by the bands/singers that you might expect to hear.

 

While it is fairly easy to get a ton of music for free (copying, "borrowing", ripping, etc.), in most cases it is illegal.  You can rip music from CD's that you legally own, creating music files for your personal use.  You can even legally make one copy of a whole CD that you own for your personal use.  However, you cannot rip songs from CD's you don't own.  You cannot rip songs from CD's you borrowed.   You cannot give/sell/loan music files to someone else.

Yes Tom I understand that. There are sources such as Firefox-plugin-, YouTube where you can legally download. 

Also Amazon has songs to download. Pandora and Spottily also allow downloads.

Things are coming along nicely thank you. I appreciate all the information I can gather and ope others benefit.

https://my-free-mp3s.com/

 

I wanted to thank everyone who helped me learn how to put music into my car.

I personally avoid the phone so found this great program My Free MP 3 which allowed me to put approximately 75 songs on my flash drive and it plays beautifully in the car. The other way is to download Documents from the App Store if you have an iPhone.  I hope this information will help someone who follows me but thank you all once again for your help

WOT rates it safe, but some users report being directed to infected files.  Scamadviser gives it an 83% safe rating.  Google safe browsing gives it a safe rating.

 

Those results are for .com.  There is also a .net and a .biz.  MBAM blocks .biz

I can't, Peter.  It's not something that I do.  As I noted above, the site gets good ratings for safety.  It's not from tests that I run.

 

My computer "expertise" here is/was malware removal.  It has made me very leary of download sites - specially of music or movies.  In my time working logs on the forums, they have been the number one source of infections.  I used to warn people that if they used torrent sites to download movies, music, and games… it was guaranteed they would be infected.  The only question was how bad it would be.

 

The reality is that torrents are just a tool.  People in the linux community use them all of the time, though not to download pirated programs, movies, and songs.  Torrents weren't/aren't the problem.  It was/is how people used them.  It's kind of like the gun debate.  Guns are a tool.  They don't hurt anyone.  Evil people use them for evil purposes at times.  Just like other tools like knives, bats, sticks, or rocks.

 

Music "sharing" sites are probably the biggest reason that Itunes exists.  People were "sharing" music and the artists were getting nothing because it was all pirated.  There was actually a malware, 10 or 15 years ago that was created by a record company and embedded in the music files to try to stop the pirating of the music.  Itunes provided a legal means to pay the royalties on the music and download it without having to buy a CD and rip it.

 

Based on the "numbers", this site sounds pretty legit.  My "world view" causes me to avoid this type of site.  That doesn't make it "bad".  It's just something that I don't do.

Anyway, thank you for letting me know it is somewhat safe .

Rich helped me find a nice site I can use.

I'll know who to come to for malware hep.  :)

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI