This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Error installing Driver for NIC1394

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello. the other day i went to get onto the internet and i couldnt. I checked network connection and there was no LAN icon. I am running over a wireless connection at the moment, but i cant play any games due to the instablity of the wireless connection. I went into the device manager to try to see what the problem was and there was a (!) next to the 1394 network adapter. I clicked on the update driver button and received this error: There was a problem installing this hardware: NIC1394 An error occurred during the istallation of the device Insufficient system resources exist to complette the requested service. I read through microsofts website and they said to unistall and try to add the hardware over again… I did this and still got the same message when i was installing it. I have tried everything that i could think of. Please help me :rant2:
Are you logged in with Administrative priviledges? If not, reboot and log in as Administrator. Your '1394 network adapter' is most likely a plug-n-play device and should be responding to the procedure you described. But if it is not plug-n-play, you'll need to use the Add Hardware Wizard, which will call for the installation CD at some point during the installation. Let us know if you find that either of these conditions exist for you. Best Regards

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI