Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93081 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 toshinomiya

toshinomiya

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 01:21 AM

I've been trying to solve this IE registry keys issues on my own but my efforts were utterly hopeless.

I finally got rid of the malware residing in the system with the help from one of the people here. And I thought everything was now okay until my sister pointed out two things:

1. She can't log-in to Friendster :huh:
2. Even when she log-off from Yahoo and clicked "REturn to Yahoo mail", instead of the Log-in it is her mailbox being displayed. :o

What I had been doing were:

1. regsvr32 urlmon.dll on the Run command and click OK then did the same with
  • Shdocvw.dll
  • Actxprxy.dll
  • Oleaut32.dll
  • Mshtml.dll
  • Browseui.dll
  • Shell32.dll
Then restart the PC but that didn't work. So I check the registry keys and values and there were there so I no longer now what to do. Reinstalling the IE is far from my mind as IE is included in the OS and I don't have any Windows XP installation cds as XP is already pre-installed when my sister bought this PC. So can anybody help me?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 mlegg10

mlegg10

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 11:41 PM

Do this to repair IE: Try this 1st:
*From the Start menu, select Run.
*In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
*Select the OK button.
*Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
*Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

This is your 2nd option:
*From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.
*Select More Advanced Options and place a checkmark beside Search Hidden Files and Folders option.
*Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.
*In the All or Part of the File Name box, type ie.inf
*In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder.
*Click the Search button.
*In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder.
*Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu.
*Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.

Edited by mlegg10, 10 January 2006 - 11:48 PM.

#3 toshinomiya

toshinomiya

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 January 2006 - 05:15 AM

Hey thanks but those two methods you mentioned needed a Windows XP cd and I don't have any. Like I said, this is a factory-installed Windows and when this PC is bought, no cd or System recovery disk was included. >.<