This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Explorer issues

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I've been trying to solve this IE registry keys issues on my own but my efforts were utterly hopeless.

I finally got rid of the malware residing in the system with the help from one of the people here. And I thought everything was now okay until my sister pointed out two things:

1. She can't log-in to Friendster :huh:
2. Even when she log-off from Yahoo and clicked "REturn to Yahoo mail", instead of the Log-in it is her mailbox being displayed. :o

What I had been doing were:

1. regsvr32 urlmon.dll on the Run command and click OK then did the same with
  • Shdocvw.dll
  • Actxprxy.dll
  • Oleaut32.dll
  • Mshtml.dll
  • Browseui.dll
  • Shell32.dll
Then restart the PC but that didn't work. So I check the registry keys and values and there were there so I no longer now what to do. Reinstalling the IE is far from my mind as IE is included in the OS and I don't have any Windows XP installation cds as XP is already pre-installed when my sister bought this PC. So can anybody help me?
Do this to repair IE: Try this 1st:
*From the Start menu, select Run.
*In the Open field, type sfc /scannow (Note: There is a space between sfc and /scannow)
*Select the OK button.
*Follow the prompts throughout the System File Checker process.
*Reboot the computer when System File Checker completes.

This is your 2nd option:
*From the Start menu, select Search, select All Files and Folders.
*Select More Advanced Options and place a checkmark beside Search Hidden Files and Folders option.
*Ensure that Search System Folders and Search Subfolders are also checked.
*In the All or Part of the File Name box, type ie.inf
*In the Look In drop-down menu, select C: or the letter of the hard drive that contains the Windows folder.
*Click the Search button.
*In the search results pane, find the ie.inf file located in Windows\Inf folder.
*Right click the ie.inf file and click Install on the context menu.
*Reboot the computer when the file copy process is complete.
Hey thanks but those two methods you mentioned needed a Windows XP cd and I don't have any. Like I said, this is a factory-installed Windows and when this PC is bought, no cd or System recovery disk was included. >.<

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI