This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Norton Ghost 10.0

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am running Norton Ghost 10.0 on WinXP. I am trying to copy my current HDD (80 gig) over to a new HDD (250 gig). 80 is designated as C: I put a partition of 90 gigs in on the 250 and labeled it G:. I then ran ghost "copy my hard drive" transfering C: to G:. I selected all the settings available. When I then switched my drives on the cable using cable select on each, the comp failed to boot. I then tried to boot without the 80 hooked up. No avail. I am assuming the problem is that my comp is looking for C: and not G:. I am looking to REPLACE 80 with 250 and put 80 in my X-box. Since this I have reformated 250, but G: still exists Can I simply run Ghost again and write over the existing G: partition and have Ghost fill out the remainder of 250 with the drive? How can I copy 80 to 250 and designate 250 as C: so that I can then boot from 250 as my only HDD?

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI