Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Norton Ghost 10.0

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Chasmed

Chasmed

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 22 February 2006 - 08:40 PM

I am running Norton Ghost 10.0 on WinXP. I am trying to copy my current HDD (80 gig) over to a new HDD (250 gig). 80 is designated as C: I put a partition of 90 gigs in on the 250 and labeled it G:. I then ran ghost "copy my hard drive" transfering C: to G:. I selected all the settings available. When I then switched my drives on the cable using cable select on each, the comp failed to boot. I then tried to boot without the 80 hooked up. No avail. I am assuming the problem is that my comp is looking for C: and not G:. I am looking to REPLACE 80 with 250 and put 80 in my X-box. Since this I have reformated 250, but G: still exists Can I simply run Ghost again and write over the existing G: partition and have Ghost fill out the remainder of 250 with the drive? How can I copy 80 to 250 and designate 250 as C: so that I can then boot from 250 as my only HDD?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Chasmed

Chasmed

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 09:03 PM

ttt