This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hopelessly crashed - no internet access!

20 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Okay. I did restore and ran the scans. He is online. Great. But, I need the firewall up and need to get that VSUTIL.dll thing. (For the EZ trust firewall to work) This PC has no protection now. How do I get this w/o buying Zone?
I d/l Zone. It will not install until I get EZ off. EZ wil not completely uninstall! This is a freaking nightmare~ I don't know how to get the EZ off!
If I do a FIND on the EZ, a bunch of stuff pops up. Should I get rid of it from there? I want to keep the EZ virus and EZ pestpatrol … hard to tell which is what.
I am disappointed. I have always had great help here, and have been coming here for years. I have been totally blown off with no resolution of my problem or any reason as to why. I realize I am not the only person on here, but if someone stops helping me, at least tell me so I quit waiting? What am I supposed do now? I tried to help myself as much as possible, but since the damage done yesterday, I have damage done that I can't figure out. I cannot, cannot, get a firewall on my son's PC due to stuff I was told to delete by someone who, I guess, wasn't supposed to be helping me yesterday. I spent 14 or so hours listening to this person and the better part of today trying to get right. I am here in good faith. Surely someone can help me with this firewall problem? I don't understand why I was left in the lurch here. Janet

In case anyone cares, I found out EZ is ZONE by a different name.

The EZ by Computer associates uses the zone alarm pro firewall as its firewall. It is zone alarm pro. You will have to download the entire suite again from Computer Associates support. You need to uninstall each part of EZ separately. The uninstaller is in the Program Files\CA\ directory under each component

http://www.digitalriver.com/dr/v2/ec_dynam…5715&cid=175162

Support link:
http://www.my-etrust.com/support/default.aspx?lang=en-us

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI