Whenever I turn my computer on, the desktop loads, but I cant click on anything, and if I hover over the start bar it looks like its thinking, but it never does anything. Sometimes if I restart it, the desktop wont load and itll come up with something about active desktop. Also it almost looks like the desktop/screen is flickering, or moving somehow, I cant really explain it.. and ideas or suggestions would be great.
IF I WERE YOU I WOULD TRY MESSING WITH THE ACTIVE DESKTOP FEATURE, ASSUMING YOU ARE USING WINDOWS XP AS YOUR PROFILE SUGGESTS, TRY THIS
Microsoft Windows XP users
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Open Display Properties.
3. Click the Desktop tab.
4. Click the Customize Desktop button.
5. Click the Web tab in the Desktop Items window.
If you wish to enable the Active Desktop, check "My Current Home Page". Add your current home page into your desktop or click New to add another web page and/or other Active Desktop features. To update the content, click the Synchronize button.
If you wish to disable Active Desktop, make sure all checkboxes in this window are un-checked.
I've tried the whole active desktop thing, but I dont use a website or anything.. I just have a jpeg background that wont come up. I try different backgrounds that are also jpegs and they dont work either. They will for the time being, but whenever I restart it wont work. I'm thinking its something to do with that maybe?
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI