This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Locked Files during virus scan

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Lately during virus scans I've noticed locked files that are not being scanned. I don't ever recall seeing this before. When I first noticed it I was running AVAST. After this continually happening I decided to remove AVAST and try AVG and I am still receiving the same notice. Do I have malicious software installed? Also, it seems as though my pc takes forever to load pages in either IE or Firefox. I recently uninstalled several programs, and did a defrag hoping this would solve the above mentioned problems yet with no resolve. Please help. Thank you, Lee
Certain legitimate files are locked to stop things messing with them, so it isn't suspicious in itself, but you would need to list the exact filenames for somebody to have a better idea. If you are concerned about your PC, take a read through this thread and then start a fresh thread in this forum and post accordingly. Please don't forget to include a brief description of your problem, and somebody will be along as soon as - don't forget the locked filenames as well.
Helpers look for posts with zero replies which is why you need to start afresh and why i'll lock this one.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI