This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

Mailwasher Pro

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

I have been using the free trial of MailWasher Pro V3.2 for about 2 weeks now and I love the program. I continue to received about 30-40 emails a day which are infected and this program detects, bounces, and deletes them before I download them. (Today it found 3 emails with the Swen 32 MM virus) But you guys already know all of this. My question is I don't see any way of updating the program. Is that because I'm using the free trial software? I intend to register the program next week and pay for the right to continue using it. Gladly, because it is truly worth it. But, I would like to think that there would be updates to improve what is already good. Thanks Salado
Hi Salado…click on the "registerMailWasher" button….it will take U to their web site.to make the purchase and registration code issue at>.www.firetrust.com…I highly agree..is a GREAT program..check out Benign , too..its really good at stipping bad stuff..incomming and out going from email..very simple to use also. Ive been using it since it came out. Great support folks too…say hello to Hamish for me..Enjoy ^_^ getsteppin

I continue to received about 30-40 emails a day which are infected and this program detects, bounces, and deletes them before I download them.

Bouncing is the worst thing that Mailwasher does. The reason is that 99.9% of the From: addresses are fake. So when you bounce it can go to an invalid address just causing unnecessary load on mail servers or it goes to a real address and that person has no idea why you are bouncing spam to them. They could trace the headers and complain to your ISP and have your access terminated. A true bounce message is sent from your ISPs mailserver before it accepts the email. Mailwasher bounces are sent after the email is accepted by your ISPs mailserver and will have totally different headers that look forged. This gives your ISP amunition to terminate your account when someone reports that you are forging headers and spamming.

OK so if it gets back to the spammer. Do you think that they will remove you from their list? Fat chance. They probably send out millions of emails and get 10s of thousands of bounces back.

If you want to do something about stopping your spam then report the spam with Spamcop. http://www.spamcop.net
YoKenny I agree with you 100% on the bouncing topic. I was really only saying that the program has that capability. Bouncing is not the way to go but the ability to delete and blacklist are good features. I still recommend the program just for the time it saves not having to download the email that is not solicited.
I gotta agre about the bounce feature, spam has moved on way beyond where that can have any effect whatsoever. Got 3.3 last night. Haven't played with it yet, though.