Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Mailwasher Pro

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Salado

Salado

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 02:01 PM

I have been using the free trial of MailWasher Pro V3.2 for about 2 weeks now and I love the program. I continue to received about 30-40 emails a day which are infected and this program detects, bounces, and deletes them before I download them. (Today it found 3 emails with the Swen 32 MM virus) But you guys already know all of this. My question is I don't see any way of updating the program. Is that because I'm using the free trial software? I intend to register the program next week and pay for the right to continue using it. Gladly, because it is truly worth it. But, I would like to think that there would be updates to improve what is already good. Thanks Salado

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 getsteppin

getsteppin

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
  • Interests:Being able to climb out of bed on any given day.

Posted 04 November 2003 - 03:55 PM

Hi Salado...click on the "registerMailWasher" button....it will take U to their web site.to make the purchase and registration code issue at>.www.firetrust.com...I highly agree..is a GREAT program..check out Benign , too..its really good at stipping bad stuff..incomming and out going from email..very simple to use also. Ive been using it since it came out. Great support folks too...say hello to Hamish for me..Enjoy ^_^ getsteppin

Edited by getsteppin, 04 November 2003 - 03:56 PM.

MSI 266 K7 KT4 V mother board XP HOME SP2//1.2gig AMD/DURON..Does OK 786 SDRAM/SGDRAM 128 bit/333DDR ATI/Radon 9600SE card...well worth $$$ BitDefender Standard 8..awesome!! Puts Norton/Symantic to shame OutPost Firewall Pro ver. 2.5.370.4626 (370) AD-AWARE SE Personal MailWasher PRO..killer!! Benign (.b9) e-mail encoder.. requires no definiton updates..the best defense against e-mail buggs,virus's, attachments, web buggs and stuff I cant remember... from FireTrust.com

#3 YoKenny

YoKenny

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 04 November 2003 - 05:43 PM

I continue to received about 30-40 emails a day which are infected and this program detects, bounces, and deletes them before I download them.

Bouncing is the worst thing that Mailwasher does. The reason is that 99.9% of the From: addresses are fake. So when you bounce it can go to an invalid address just causing unnecessary load on mail servers or it goes to a real address and that person has no idea why you are bouncing spam to them. They could trace the headers and complain to your ISP and have your access terminated. A true bounce message is sent from your ISPs mailserver before it accepts the email. Mailwasher bounces are sent after the email is accepted by your ISPs mailserver and will have totally different headers that look forged. This gives your ISP amunition to terminate your account when someone reports that you are forging headers and spamming.

OK so if it gets back to the spammer. Do you think that they will remove you from their list? Fat chance. They probably send out millions of emails and get 10s of thousands of bounces back.

If you want to do something about stopping your spam then report the spam with Spamcop. http://www.spamcop.net
I rcommend installing IE-SPYAD and SpywareBlaster and keeping them up to date weekly.
SpyBot Search and Destroy

WinXP Home user
Posted Image member

#4 Salado

Salado

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 05 November 2003 - 01:52 PM

YoKenny I agree with you 100% on the bouncing topic. I was really only saying that the program has that capability. Bouncing is not the way to go but the ability to delete and blacklist are good features. I still recommend the program just for the time it saves not having to download the email that is not solicited.

#5 YoKenny

YoKenny

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 09:18 AM

By the way, Mailwasher has been updated to V3.3 and now includes an interface to SpamCop and spam statistics.

http://www.firetrust.../mailwasherpro/
I rcommend installing IE-SPYAD and SpywareBlaster and keeping them up to date weekly.
SpyBot Search and Destroy

WinXP Home user
Posted Image member

#6 Salado

Salado

Authentic Member

• PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 02:48 PM

Version 3.3 has several new features added as well to make it a heck of a lot easier to set-up, etc. The Spam Cop feature is cool.

#7 kiwi

kiwi

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2003 - 03:10 PM

I gotta agre about the bounce feature, spam has moved on way beyond where that can have any effect whatsoever. Got 3.3 last night. Haven't played with it yet, though.