I can't afford to resubscribe to my norton antivirus 2003 account. Does it make a difference? Are there other websites that will email me from a mailing list that warns of new worms, trojensā¦
thankyou, chris
An Antivirus program with old definitions gives you as much protection as NONE AT ALL. It is essential to have an up-to-date antivirus program with current virus definitions, when you use the internet !
But as you can not afford to renew your Norton program you have some alternatives. There are two free programs which we recommend that give you regular free updates for the virus definitions as well:
Please go to the following two websites and choose one of the two programs to use. They are both very good, it is a matter of personal preference:
When surfing the Internet it is also wise to have a firewall installed on your computer as well as several other small programs which block the bad stuff from your computer. Here are two free Firewalls you can try out they are also both very good:
The following article lists the small programs with links to them, that I mentioned above. I think you may benefit from reading it to help with securing your PC: "How Did I Get Infected In The First Place" linked at the bottom of this post, for information on how to secure your PC from spyware/adware/malware.There are several small free programs mentioned there that help with securing your PC against this type of problem.