gapeachy
Topic Starter
Hi. I posted to another forum and was referred here first by Piatan to fix an issue before I work on getting rid of some malware. Here's my prior post. http://forums.tomcoyote.org/index.php?show…47&#entry252047
Here's my Hijackit Header info:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:28:40 AM, on 1/21/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
My problem is I had a version of Windows XP running with major problems (c:\windows) (slow, error messages, hanging, etc). Ended up installing another version of Windows XP (c:\windows2). Now when I go to my old files I get "access denied" and don't know what the password is, I never entered a password to get into my old Administrator account, I just hit cancel.
When I go to log in initially and it asks me to select my Windows installation, if I go to the old windows instance, it says it can't run because it's missing a .dll file. If I copy a file from the new instance it then says it's missing another file. I'm running Norton and SpySweeper.
I have another problem too. I have an external hard drive. The files that were on there are now gone. Not sure if that's related to the 2 instances of windows as I'd think it wouldn't matter. I burned a CD of some .jpgs and now that's all that's on the external hard drive (they weren't even saved to that, they went directly to the CD).
Thanks so much in advance. If I can clear this up then I'll go back to the malware issue in the other forum.
Here's my Hijackit Header info:
Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 10:28:40 AM, on 1/21/2006
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)
My problem is I had a version of Windows XP running with major problems (c:\windows) (slow, error messages, hanging, etc). Ended up installing another version of Windows XP (c:\windows2). Now when I go to my old files I get "access denied" and don't know what the password is, I never entered a password to get into my old Administrator account, I just hit cancel.
When I go to log in initially and it asks me to select my Windows installation, if I go to the old windows instance, it says it can't run because it's missing a .dll file. If I copy a file from the new instance it then says it's missing another file. I'm running Norton and SpySweeper.
I have another problem too. I have an external hard drive. The files that were on there are now gone. Not sure if that's related to the 2 instances of windows as I'd think it wouldn't matter. I burned a CD of some .jpgs and now that's all that's on the external hard drive (they weren't even saved to that, they went directly to the CD).
Thanks so much in advance. If I can clear this up then I'll go back to the malware issue in the other forum.