This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Explorer has encountered a problem ...

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can somebody please help me with this and I reralize the problem is very broad and quite vague. I have two computers … both running XP Pro with SP2. This is my workshop computer and it is running perfectly. My office computer is constantly displaying the error message "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry blah blah blah." So the computer won't boot up to allow me to work on it. It starts fine in safe mode. This has been going on for about two weeks now. I can get it to boot about one time out of every ten attempts. The header from my HijackThis log is Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.0 Scan saved at 3:56:14 PM, on 1/17/2006 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) It would be a total disaster if I had to reinstall windows again. I have a 1.2 gig harddrive and there is no way I could save most of what is on it. Thanking anyone in advance for any possible help. Theron
I would really like to ask why nobody is interested in helping me to solve this problem. Would I get an answer to that question from someone? :huh:

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI