This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Big Problems! My Computer shutdown (cut off) out of now where.. th

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I was on my computer… when all of the sudden its power cut.. it just shutdown out of no where. Then when I went to turn it back on. It started fine but when I got the my desktop I realized my mouse and keyboard won't work!!! :scratch: So tried to turn it off and back on… but still same effect. No activity from the lights on the keyboard.. nothing, it just looks dead. Can anyone help?! :(
Still need help. I'm guessing it was just a short circuit from a power surge or something. But only affected the mouse and keyboard?
:popcorn: I'm having a similar problem with a Toshiba laptop. It just shuts down every so often. The whole computer though, not just sections. I'm going to work on the overheating theory a bit. Fans are running and air entrance and exit appear clear, but I'm going to have to disassemble I'm afraid. It doesn't appear to be software related, although it won't stay on long enough to finish a complete scan. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the security software to try to solve that, but it did not help. I think that it might be heat related because if I try to restart it right after it shuts down, it shuts down again quickly. Let me know if you figure anything else out.
Greetings pweebeme, I see you raised a post from the dead here, what is commonly called a Frankenstein post. The original poster did this one back in 2006! I would be afraid you would be waiting forever for someone from 2 years ago to respond back. You are on the right track on thinking you have a overheat issue, it is a common problem with Toshiba laptops. Looking through the back you usually see a radiator type device through the case slot. Usually on the back of that radiator block is where the dust and debris collect. I have seen them have what could be described as a blanket or quilt of fuzz built up behind it. I would use compressed air and blow out the fans and that radiator block first and see how you go before opening up the laptop. Good luck Kaz.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI