pintree3
Topic Starter
Ever since I have installed Windows XP SP2 programs take about 5 minutes to load, be it IE, a text file, Task Manager or what-have-you. If for example I go online and click on a text message it won't load immediately, I click on another text message, I click on the IE Browser icon all will take about 5 minutes AND then they will all pop up at the same time, be they 3 of them or 10.
I have formatted my hard drive and all works well. Then I install the XP service pack 2 and some of it's updates and at some point the problem described happens.
I have 512 RAM memory and 1.7 Ghz Intel CPU. My feeling is that something is telling my Acer TravelMate computer to wait until 'x' and 'y' are being checked before allowing the programs to run. But what and why?
Also running are McAfee antivirus, Sygate PF, and Spybot Search and destroy.
Can anyone tell me how to stop this frm happening? I have reformated my HD many times to only allow some updates but could not locate which is the culprit.
Thank you
Mich