This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Internet Explorer Slow to Open?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I recently installed XP SP2 on my new hard drive and have notice about a 10-15 second delay every time I open IE. I've run all the relevent spy&adware programs they are all clean. I cannot seem to find a reason for this lag. Any suggestions?
FIRST. OK?When you dowwnloded SP2. Did you take care to download the Home Version and NOT the Professional Version? Also, You must make ABSOLUTELY certian that there are no Spyware or Ad Ware and Especially a virus or hijacker in your BHO fiiles. Your computer must be virgin clean before downloading SP2. SP2 makes a restore point on your system and if their is an existing problem SP2 has no way of knowing that. It simply accepts your system as it is and thus protects what is already there. I am no professional. My system got hijacked a month ago and I nearly had to throw my computer in the trash. Tom Coyote saved my $1000 computer. GOD KEEP AND BLESS HIM… I would also strongly suggest that you run this - http://www.savicom.net/policies/globalunsub.html PS: I use Microsoft's "Real Time" Giant Anti-Spy Software and, Yahoo Anti-Spy Toolbar and POP UP blocker.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI