Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Explorer Slow to Open?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sergei91

sergei91

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 08:45 PM

I recently installed XP SP2 on my new hard drive and have notice about a 10-15 second delay every time I open IE. I've run all the relevent spy&adware programs they are all clean. I cannot seem to find a reason for this lag. Any suggestions?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Winter Thea Bear

Winter Thea Bear

• Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Blessed Be.<br />Playing &quot;The Elder Scrolls&quot; and toying with the Morrowind Mods. As a life long Wicca Pagan; I love camping on the river, Full Moon's, burning the 5 candles at my altar and performing the LBRP and, Calling Down The Moon. Playing with my magick toy box is always an experience and, sometimes I even I get to scribble in my BOS... <br />Unto any, Do ye no harm. But, Do as you will...<br /> Walk in peace. The Winter Thea Bear.<br /> The Summerland becons us all again...

Posted 14 December 2005 - 09:33 PM

FIRST. OK?[size=5]When you dowwnloded SP2. Did you take care to download the Home Version and NOT the Professional Version? Also, You must make ABSOLUTELY certian that there are no Spyware or Ad Ware and Especially a virus or hijacker in your BHO fiiles. Your computer must be virgin clean before downloading SP2. SP2 makes a restore point on your system and if their is an existing problem SP2 has no way of knowing that. It simply accepts your system as it is and thus protects what is already there. I am no professional. My system got hijacked a month ago and I nearly had to throw my computer in the trash. Tom Coyote saved my $1000 computer. GOD KEEP AND BLESS HIM... I would also strongly suggest that you run this - http://www.savicom.n...lobalunsub.html PS: I use Microsoft's "Real Time" Giant Anti-Spy Software and, Yahoo Anti-Spy Toolbar and POP UP blocker.

#3 sergei91

sergei91

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 14 December 2005 - 10:55 PM

Yes it was a lean XP install and a clean SP2 install. Still running other Spyware programs to check for other threats but nothing yet