This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

BlueScreen Error

4 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

My computer all of a sudden showed me a bluescreen and shutdown before I could read it all. What I was able to catch was this…

"Windows has detected a problem with your computer and is shutting down to prevent further damage to Windows. If this hasn't happened before follow these steps.. … "
Then is restarted and I chose the option "Start Windows Normally" A dialogue box popped up to troubleshoot the problem and pasted below is what it said in the details.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: c2
BCP1: 0000000000000007
BCP2: 000000000000109B
BCP3: 0000000005CB19C8
BCP4: FFFFFA800504CF50
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\080513-24024-01.dmp
C:\Users\Karen\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-86096-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104…mp;clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

**** I am running Windows 7 Home Premium x64 *******
I located the dump file you want me to upload. But when I try to zip it via >>right click>>send to>>Compressed (zipped) folder<< It shows me an error saying "File not found or no read permission." I also tried using WinRaR vie >>right click>>add to *.rar<< Again it says access is denied. (I opened my computer explorer by right clicking and running as administrator. fyi) So I'm stumped now. How do I get the proper permission to follow your instructions? I am logged in as administrator.
Sorry I think I figured it out, for some reason WinRaR wouldn't do it, so I installed 7zip. I still got an error when zipping this dump file. But despite the error it created a zip file. I'm uploading now. *** I don't see the file, I don't know if I did it correctly or what the deal is. So I will just wait for further instructions from you. Thank you for your time.
Hi oreo918, unfortunately the upload of the zip was not too good…. (file is empty….)

Lets try another approach:

Visit the below linked site:
http://www.resplendence.com/downloads
scroll down about half way down the page til you arrive at:
"Who Crashed" v 4.01 Crash Analysis tool and download the free HomeEdition, run it and follow the directions…

This should help you identify the problem(s) …… if you are stuck, then copy and paste the output in to your reply and one of us will try to help.
Regards
paws


I did as you instructed and the analysis software isn't really telling me what's going on. System Information (local) ——————————————————————————– computer name: KAREN-PC windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601 windows dir: C:\Windows CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Turion™ II Dual-Core Mobile M500 AMD586, level: 16 2 logical processors, active mask: 3 RAM: 4024811520 total VM: 2147352576, free: 1922818048 ——————————————————————————– Crash Dump Analysis ——————————————————————————– Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer. On Tue 8/6/2013 4:36:59 AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\080513-24024-01.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x75C00) Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x109B, 0x5CB19C8, 0xFFFFFA800504CF50) Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe product: Microsoft® Windows® Operating System company: Microsoft Corporation description: NT Kernel & System Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. On Tue 8/6/2013 4:36:59 AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp This was probably caused by the following module: ntkrnlmp.exe (nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x0) Bugcheck code: 0xC2 (0x7, 0x109B, 0x5CB19C8, 0xFFFFFA800504CF50) Error: BAD_POOL_CALLER Bug check description: This indicates that the current thread is making a bad pool request. This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem. The crash took place in the Windows kernel. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time. ——————————————————————————– Conclusion ——————————————————————————– 2 crash dumps have been found and analyzed. No offending third party drivers have been found. Consider configuring your system to produce a full memory dump for better analysis.
Here goes.. It is still showing the error saying I dont have permission to open these files. I need to get administrator privileges or contact file owner.
So is that it, am I at a brick wall? Or is there anything else I can do to gain proper privileges in order to upload this DMP file so I can get my issue handled? Please help me, I'm open for suggestions. :) Thank you for your time
Are you running as a Administrator level account? Look at Control Panel, User Accounts. Should look like this:

📎AdminAcct.jpg

You can try taking ownership of the .dmp file. See this article on how to do this. Download and run the .reg file and a Take Ownership selection is added to the right click context menu. Very nice:

Take Ownership Shortcut - Windows 7

Then navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump and right click on a .dmp file and select Take Ownership. See if that works.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI