This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Computer no longer recognizes onboard sound

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1 Scan saved at 9:30:45 PM, on 11/21/2005 Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180) I have an ASUS a7n8x-e deluxe motherboard. Nforce2 drivers and onboard "soundstorm" audio. All the sudden I no longer have any sound. I did some trouble shooting, tried uninstalling/reinstalling and then updating my drivers. That is when I noticed that my onboard audio simply is gone. All i can load are generic windows sound codecs. It is like I never had any onboard audio. Checking my device manager shows no exlimation points, question marks, or any other indication something is wrong. Where did my sound go? Anyone heard of such a thing ? How, why could this happen. Any suggestions before I go buy a PCI sound card.
i had the exact thing happen to my a-open AX77-8XN board. one day the sound just died, other than reinstalling drivers i dont know of much you can do. i just bought a cheapo pci audio card and disabled the onboard option in the bios. you might poke around the mainboard or sound chip website.
Thanks for the reply, I have done some sniffing at the asus web site and a few others with no luck. Unfourtunately i got hit with the Vundo trojan right after this happened. So I have spent most of my time trying to get rid of that piece of garbage. Thanks to reading a bunch of post on this web sight I believe i was able to fix the trojan problem. From what I can tell I am screwed over my audio. Oh well maybe it's better to buy a PCI card anyway and free up some more of my cpu power for all the other stuff.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI