This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Windows Updates

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hello again lovely people. I have a friend who describes himself as a pc prat although I'm trying to slowly educate him and sort out his protection! :lol: However he has over two dozen Critical Windows Updates that he needs to download!!! :o

He only has a dial-up connection and for his normal internet use Broadband would be a waste of money frankly. It would take FOREVER for him to download these on his pc. Is there any way I can download these for him on my Broadband connection and then use his USB storage thing to transfer the files over?! I've printed off a list of the updates he needs and mooched around for these in Windows Update on my pc but can't see if that's possible.

I use Windows XP and he uses (a very vulnerable :wacko:) Windows ME. Apologies if it's a stupid question but any help or any [external image: Posted Image] in the right direction would be much appreciated! [external image: Posted Image]
at one time ms was offering updates on cd that you could order. dont know if thats still true now…i think ME has auto updates, tell your friend to do it at night.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI