This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Why does my computer do this?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I seem to have start up issues. I use Mozilla Firefox. But in my start up I get the KERNELL DLL 32, I have gotten rid of this in the past, yet it shows up again! How does this happen? Why does this happen? How do I get rid of this? It was irritating me today when I was writing my email, and about a few paragraphs into it, this error would pop up in a white box, (as well as when I start up but the box is grey) and make my whole window shut. Any advice would be appreciative. Is there a free spyware out there that helps this? Thanks so much for your time. Jessica
Start-up in safe mode and go: Start, run, type msconfig, enter, file extract, type: KERNEL32.DLL, start, top line: C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS , bottom line: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM and hit enter. You should get a pop-up that tells you that the file has been extracted successfully.
Honestly I dont know how to start in safe mode. And then get out of it…. I understand the rest of your directions, would I have to restart after that and then it would go back to the regular mode? I tried it in the regular mode, and when I got to the first line restore in, It popped up saying file doesnt exist, basically fix the restore part…..C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS How come this kind of thing happens more than once? What makes it have this problem with KERNEL.32DLL? What is it used for anyway?
Okay I did exactly what you said, started in safe mode, all that. It popped up saying XFile not found verify that you have selected the correct "restore from location" and try again.. the part where I enterd C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS… I restarted in normal mode getting the same error, Qttask has caused an error in KERNEL32.DLL

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI