This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can't get rid of AVG

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Can anyone please help me? I have been trying to remove AVG free edition from my computer for the past week without success. I uninstalled it because I got a message that my computer was no longer protected - I wanted to install something else but absolutely nothing will install because all the products I've tried claim that AVG is still installed. I've done searches and cannot find any trace of it that I can remove but today I discovered there are two AVG files in the Registry. How can I get rid of them?
hi lynda, go to start>run> type in "services.msc" without the quotes, click ok when the service window opens look for (under the name column) AVG7 right click on every AVG7 and select properties. under the general tab: make sure that the service status is: Stopped and the Startup type is: disabled —————————————— reboot once, see if that helps….
Thank you. I tried that but it didn't find anything. I then tried Registry Mechanic which has now got rid of AVG completely so that I could install new anti-virus software. Unfortunately, I still have lots of problems with my PC - odd messages appearing etc. and extremely slow running but I guess I'll just have to put up with these problems. Thanks for all your help.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI