This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

AVG Removal

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Help, I cannot remove AVG 7.5 products from my computer. I have tried the program remover from within the software, but it says the product is not there. However, I can see it running in the task manager and can pull it up from the processes window on the task bar or from the programs directory and see that it is constantly scanning the computer hogging the processor, etc. I then went to AVG and found their removal tool and tried it, with the same results. Thanks for your help. Here is the hijack this file: Edit: Removed pasted HJT log
Hi Curcuit Rider,

Here is a good uninstaller I have used many times with great success and leaving no problems on my systems. RevoUninstaller
Make sure you disable AVG icon near the clock before using the software.

This forum does not reply to HJT logs in this forum, please post your log here for attention by the accredited Malware fighters.

kind regards,
Hi circuit rider,

Where are you seeing evidence of AVG other than where you describe in your first post?

Go to start > programs, is it showing in All Programs? Is it showing in Add and Remove for instance?

Also go to your C:\Drive, Program Files> Grisoft Folder and tell us what is in it please?

Try Unlocker and see how you go….

Post back if you need more assistance please.

kind regards,

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI