Rajesh
Topic Starter
Hi,
when I try to run System File Checker:
sfc /scannow
I get this error:
—————————
winlogon.exe - Application Error
—————————
The instruction at "0x769503b2" referenced memory at "0x019e1000". The memory could not be "read".
Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program
—————————
OK Cancel
—————————
After I click OK, I get the blue screen of death with this message:
STOP: c000021a {Fatal System Error}
The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000080 (0x00000000 0x00000000)
The system has been shut down.
I tried running SFC in Safe Mode, but it gave this message:
Windows File Protection could not initiate a scan of protected system files.
The specific error code is 0x000006ba [The RPC Server is unavailable]
I checked the Services and found that The RPC Server service is in fact started !
Why does SFC cause the machine to shut down in normal mode ?
I am using Win 2000 with SP 4. IE 6 with SP 1