Bryan A
Topic Starter
I have just finished cleaning my computer on the malware forums. However once again I'm getting disk errors and constant dsk chk being scheduled which only works for the next boot but problems come back right after that. Several program errors come up including i.point and msi.dll. I know it must be a registry and disk problem unless there is something that couldn't be detected and is still causing these problems.
I'm at my wits end with this, I need to get everything corrected and back to running properly again. I've tried over and over to access programs and features but I'm not granted access. It just doesn't even try and go there and leaves no message as to why I can't gain access. Nearly every time I reboot I get prompted for another dsk chk run. When it runs there are hundreds of corrections made, but the next time I start up it goes through the same dsk chk process. I ran sfc /scannow from an admin prompt and it stopped after the first run and said that there are errors in the files but they could not be fixed. I've tried to find the logs from the run, and I can't open it, I'm denied access to the log.
Please help me to get things working correctly again, I suspect that nothing short of a complete reload of Win7 will accomplish this. My concerns are that much needed and valuable things will be lost . I do not have an external hard drive nor another computer. The only thing I have in the way of external storage is a 8gb flash drive. Will this suffice to save favorites and pictures, music,?
Here is the info on my computer: Acer Aspire x1301
Amd Athlon II x2 215, 2700Mhz, dual core
Win7 64, I.E. 10