This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Hard disc full but not true

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a 2nd. HD 80GB. When I ask for properties it said "only 757MB free space", but if I read all the folders I´ve used only 15 GB !!!! I have clean de HD with RegCean and no active de restore system utility. I use Windows XP Sorry but my english is not very good
This could be a couple of different things. More than likely, if use or run any type of database software, or say Microsoft Exchange, then you may have a log thats taking up your space. It could also be that you do not have LBA mode set to automatically detect the size of the drive. Or depending upon how old your computer is, the chipset may not support a drive of that size. (and by the way, your english is perfectly understandable)

I have a 2nd. HD 80GB.
When I ask for properties it said "only 757MB free space", but if I read all the folders I´ve used only 15 GB !!!!
I have clean de HD with RegCean and no active de restore system utility.
I use Windows XP
Sorry but my english is not very good


I´ve seen a lot of strange thinks: I ´ve had a desfragment of the 2nd. HD and the report says than a lot of files couldn´t be allocated "\RECYCLER\S- 1-5……iso" I go to de E: and I can´t see this files??? to delete them. I think they are image-files and I cant´t faund them to delete!!!!
-Do you know some program to clean totally my HD?
Thankyou in advance
Live USA!!!!!!!!

\RECYCLER\S- 1-5……iso


Can you give us that complete line, exactly how it shows..? Your right with it being an image. Have you un-hidden your all your files (click on tool's.. then folder options.. under the view tab place a check in the "Show Hidden Files and Folders"… the uncheck "Hide Extensions of Known File types" and uncheck "Hide Protected Operating System Files" and see what you come up with.
I took a drastic solution. I entry in MSDOS mode and I deleted all the files than the desfragment solution cant´n desfragment, and now I have 66GB free¡¡¡¡ and my computer runs perfectly. Thank you. I´m going to check your solution for other files.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI