Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 91867 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Security Choices

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pvres

pvres

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 05:43 PM

O.K. I use Cox for my ISP, they have their own Authentium based Security Suite, which in my view is a resource pig at times it shouldn't have to be. Are there reasons to stay with the ISP's security package that make it the better choice because of tweaks on their end, or can I dump it and start using AVG and Kerio. I'm already very happy with spybot, adaware and spyblaster. THANKS FOR BEING THE SMART ONES!

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 shelf life

shelf life

SuperMember

• Visiting Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,191 posts

Posted 28 October 2005 - 06:20 PM

hi pvres, there is no "security"advantage to using a suite provided by your isp. if you dont care for it, dump it and go with something else. my isp happens to be cox. i run avg and a older version of kerio also
How Can I Reduce My Risk?

#3 pvres

pvres

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 29 October 2005 - 01:32 AM

Cool, thanks for the education. I do appreciate your sharing what you know.