Hello Everyone
I recently purchased Kaspersky Internet Security Version 6.0, and I wanted to know if this is a good Security Suite? Or if there are any suggestions to which one is the best, I'd gladly appreciate it
Kapersky is a well known system that does a good job. In regards to a best it really depends on your system, what other applications you are running as well as your ability. I can say though that you should be happy with and just make sure that you keep it up to date.
Siggyx,
Thank you for your input I just wanted to make sure that I was running a good enough security suite to keep my computer safe. I do a lot of online banking and want to make sure that my computers secure enough to do that without headache. I'm afraid of things like Keyloggers and viruses tracking my passwords. If you have any further suggestions, please let me know
If you dont have these three programs I would recommend that you get them. Spywareblaster,Spywareguard and IESPY AD. They will add 1000's of sites to your resticted zone and block some hijacks from happening. In my signature below is also a tutorial on how to harden IE, a good read and very helpful to stop these things in the future. I also have a FREE FIREWALL and FREE ANTI VIRUS if you need one.
It is critical to have both a firewall and anti virus to protect your system.
I have Spyware Guard and Adaware and Spybot Search & Destroy also. I'll download the other two you suggested. I have both a firewall and Anti-virus with Kaspersky. I'd like to read your tutorial, but I don't understand what you mean by your signature below? Will I be able to run all of these programs at the same time without any interference with each other?
Having 2 antivirus running at the same time will cause all kinds of issue. The rest, well some do cause slow downs so it really depends on your system. I have
Ewido <<
I have two computers, one is my home desktop and the other is a laptop that I just purchased. My desktop is running Windows XP Pro and I currently have Norton Anti-virus, Zone Alarm, Spyware Guard, Spyware Blaster, Adaware and Spybot Search & Destroy. My laptop has the kaspersky security suite and I'm going to download Adaware, Spybot Search & Destroy, Spyware Guard and Spyware Blaster. My laptop is running Windows XP Home. What is CW Shredder for? Should I also run that on both computers?