Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93085 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

Internet Leak

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 beav

beav

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 02:59 PM

Got a question for you gurus My internet connection is currently "leaking" at about 1 kbps per second. This occurs when my connection should be in idle. In the past, after starting a connection (56k) I could walk away and come back 30 minutes later and maybe 100 bytes would be sent out over the net. Now I've sent 10,000 in the past 10 minutes. I've searched my cpu for adware carp**, and the programs I've used said I'm clean. (spybot S&D, sws shredder) I've recently switched my browser to Firefox and am unsure if it's the culprit or not. I believe it was doing it just a few days ago when I had IE as my primary. Anyways ,If you have any ideas or comments I'd like to hear them. Thanks - Beav

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 YoKenny

YoKenny

Authentic Member

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 03 April 2004 - 10:15 PM

beav, welcome.

I think this is normal PC to Internet traffic.

I use TCPView to see the connections and my firewall status page to see traffic.
http://www.sysintern...e/tcpview.shtml
I rcommend installing IE-SPYAD and SpywareBlaster and keeping them up to date weekly.
SpyBot Search and Destroy

WinXP Home user
Posted Image member