This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

A-Drive Fault of Floppy Disk Fault?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have a problem with my A-Drive not reading floppy disks. When I insert any floppy disk into the A-Drive its taking a long time (around 30secs) to spring into action. When its does a pop-up appears asking if I want to format the disk. I know there are things saved on the disks, so why would I need to format it? If I go to 'Computer' and then right click 3 1/2" A-Drive for Properties and select Hardware, that tells me 'The Device is Working Properly'. Any ideas as what is wrong and if there is any way of checking if its the disks or the drive giving me the problem?
If I right click the A-Drive the 'egg timer' cursor appears. After approx 15 seconds it gives me the option to Explore the disk. After another 15 seconds the pop-up appears asking if I want to format the disk.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI