Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

A-Drive Fault of Floppy Disk Fault?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dwlpl

dwlpl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2005 - 11:36 AM

I have a problem with my A-Drive not reading floppy disks. When I insert any floppy disk into the A-Drive its taking a long time (around 30secs) to spring into action. When its does a pop-up appears asking if I want to format the disk. I know there are things saved on the disks, so why would I need to format it? If I go to 'Computer' and then right click 3 1/2" A-Drive for Properties and select Hardware, that tells me 'The Device is Working Properly'. Any ideas as what is wrong and if there is any way of checking if its the disks or the drive giving me the problem?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 14 September 2005 - 08:07 PM

What happens when you right click on the drive with a disk in it..? can you choose to "Explore" it?

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#3 dwlpl

dwlpl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 03:24 PM

If I right click the A-Drive the 'egg timer' cursor appears. After approx 15 seconds it gives me the option to Explore the disk. After another 15 seconds the pop-up appears asking if I want to format the disk.

#4 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 15 September 2005 - 04:00 PM

Go here to download Hijack This. Then scan but do not fix anything yet. Save the scan to a log and then copy and paste the results of scan into a new thread in the Hijack This and Spyware removal forum

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"

#5 dwlpl

dwlpl

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 16 September 2005 - 12:17 PM

I have a two logs (one update after deleting out some programs) already posted but I have no replies yet:

http://forums.tomcoy...showtopic=46357