This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Javascript Problem

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have had some problems viewing some pages in Mozilla 1.7.12
specifically some images and also my internet class online
It seems the windows just wont open
Ive tried EVERYTHING to fix this problem,
trying to open the page from IE version 6.0
downloading the latest mozilla version
allowing ALL cookies
allowing ALL popups

I read my javascript console and here is what it said:

Error: postamble is not defined
Source File: http://www.una.edu/
Line: 148

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception… "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIControllers.removeController]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://navigator/content/navigator.js :: Shutdown :: line 742" data: no]

Is there anyone who understands this stuff who can help me?

nimrod

I have had some problems viewing some pages in Mozilla 1.7.12

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception… "Component returned failure code: 0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE) [nsIControllers.removeController]" nsresult: "0x80004005 (NS_ERROR_FAILURE)" location: "JS frame :: chrome://navigator/content/navigator.js :: Shutdown :: line 742" data: no]

Is there anyone who understands this stuff who can help me?


This error is due to Mozilla failing to remove a controller named BookmarksMenuController. I suspect that it's caused by calling window.close() on a window that does not have the Bookmarks menu displayed.

I have a page containing JavaScript that can reproduce this problem every time but it does not seem to cause any visible problems.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI