This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Discussion

P2P sites shutdown

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

FYI…

- http://www.theregister.com/2005/09/29/edonkey_quits/
29th September 2005
"The company behind eDonkey, MetaMachine, is getting out of the file sharing business according to its boss Sam Yagan. Yagan disclosed the news in testimony to Congress, Extreme Tech reports. Yagan said he is responding to a cease-and-desist notice served by the (RIAA) to several P2P networks. "I have personally committed to Mr. Sherman – which I reiterate today – that we are in the process of complying with their request," said Yagan. "Therefore I am not here as an active participant in the future of P2P, but rather as one who has thrown in his towel"…"
- http://www.extremetech.com/article2/0,1697,1864493,00.asp