This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

http 403 unauthorized-HELP!

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I have tried everything from restores to deleting a few regestries to uninstalling and reinstalling my firewall and antivirus and my anti-spyware. I keep getting the - HTTP 403 Forbidden or HTTP 403 unauthorized at the top it usually says- cannot find server-microsoft internet explorer Now I had reinstalled my windows ME. and then for a bit time I couldn't even use internet expl. But I finally got it to work and immediatley I updated microsoft again and spybot and when I tried to download ad-aware it wouldn't let me.So I noticed I was back to the 403 thing again. :rant2: But now I can't even dowload HJT. Is it something else? :scratch: Settings, perhaps my firewall or something? I don't know if you can help me since I can't load anything at all, not even CWS shredder and TrendMicro's housecall or spyware scanner. I can't use panda's active scan, like I did a long time ago, before I had restored and did all the stuff to get it back to normal. I don't know if you can help. :( I'm about to just wipe my pc out and start fresh.
I think I got it working- it took me a while and soon I'll be pasting a HJT. I now run spybot and I down loaded CWS shredder and I went ahead and bought ad-aware the personal version. (I still run my ez firewall and ez antivirus). But I think my problems of 403 are gone for now. You may delete this, if you like.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI