Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

need help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 kracy cyber girl

kracy cyber girl

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 03 September 2005 - 08:39 PM

hi to all i use mcafee for over 3 years but i want a new anti virus.i uninstall the mcafee and download the panda titanium 30 day trial.everything was fine until i turn on my pc again.after the stupid cloud screen i got this message c:\progra~1\mcafee\viruss~\scanpm.exe bad command o file name a friend tollme how to search the registry but i didnt find anything about mcafee there.then he coach throw the phone how to search in command promp.i found the mcafee there but i can delete.i try all he says and i still get the message please help me

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 fbelzile

fbelzile

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing and learning about computers, bike riding around town with my friends and I am currently playing badminton for my highschool.

Posted 04 September 2005 - 09:49 AM

Hi, I would have kept McAfee instead of using a 30-day trial. What was the reason to un-install McAfee?
Try doing the following to remove the message:

Start > Run... > type: msconfig (hit enter)

A window comes up, and click the Start-up tab. In the list box, find anyhting related to McAfee and uncheck the box beside them.
Now, go under the Services tab and un-check anything related to McAfee there. (Like: McShield and McAfee Firewall)
Now, click the "Apply" button at the bottom of the window and then click "Close"
When it asks you if you want to re-boot, click Yes but if you don't want to now, say No, but remember to do so later.

Hopes this works :D

#3 kracy cyber girl

kracy cyber girl

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 September 2005 - 05:19 PM

thank you so much.work perfect. after 3 years with mcafee i dont feel safe anymore.i want something new.my brother use panda then swith to mcafee and he always told mcafee sucks.now he use avasts.in his opinion avast is better than panda and mcafee.i will try panda for the 17 days left on my trial version.

#4 fbelzile

fbelzile

basic

• Authentic Member
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy playing and learning about computers, bike riding around town with my friends and I am currently playing badminton for my highschool.

Posted 04 September 2005 - 10:39 PM

Nice to hear it worked! :D McAfee is a good product. It's what I'm using right now. Avast is also good so your protected with anyone you choose. Just be sure you have one and only one. Have a nice day! :)