Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93084 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

P2P filesharing

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jeep_lovers

jeep_lovers

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 01:39 AM

Was reading that these programs are using up to 60% of the total global Internet bandwidth. I have heard that eDonkey is relatively easy to use and mostly virus free (still don’t believe that one) what are your thought and comments?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 Micah_6:8

Micah_6:8

Evilware Emancipator

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,060 posts
  • Interests:Web (Perl, PHP, JavaScript, HTML) programming, CNC programming, Squashing spyware!

Posted 30 August 2005 - 11:41 AM

When you start "sharing files", you're only as safe as your antivirus software keeps you. What if the file(s) you download are infected with a new virus you haven't been immunized against? Personally, I wouldn't join a "file sharing" program for love nor money....
Micah 6:8 He hath shewed thee, O man, what is good; and what doth the LORD require of thee, but to do justly, and to love mercy, and to walk humbly with thy God?

The help you receive here is free.
If you wish to show your appreciation, then you may donate to help keep us online.

Want to help others? Join the ClassRoom and learn how.

Download Hijack This! My Website: UnSpyMe!

#3 Crow

Crow

WTT Tech Emeritus

• Authentic Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 970 posts
  • Interests:I play golf, I like to fish tournaments (or donate). I am a Certified Applicator by day, and electronics tech after 5.

Posted 30 August 2005 - 12:42 PM

Personally, I wouldn't join a "file sharing" program for love nor money....

Not to mention the legality issues.. However, I, like most, have to work my money and spending 8 or $900 bux on photoshop... without knowing anything about it... is not an option. Specially if your not at all familiar with editing media. I think Adobe offers a 30 day trial and if your not at all familiar with editing software.. 30 days aint nearly enough time to figure it out. Thats my opinion of course.

"I am not sure what these four 9's mean.. but I think this Ace is kinda high"