This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Hardware

Video Display Problems

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Recently, my P4 windows xp home 512 ram will not boot normally after being shut down overnight. After the windows screen comes up it stalls and the monitor goes off with the message "attention on signal". I can boot to safe mode with no video problems and then from there I have gone to device manager and removed the display adapters , rebooted and it's fine till the next time I shut it down for any length of time. It will restart once running with no problem. Any ideas???? RFC

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI