HI Everyone,
I was just wondering if anyone else has used Spy Sweeper from Webroot. One of my friends in the IT department at work recommended it and I was surprised at how much spyware traces it found. I use CWShredder and Hijack This regularly and my logs look clean, but this program found over 80 traces of spyware in my system, includinga trojan or two that Norton did not detect.
Has anyone else used this program and what do they think of it. Is it too good to be true or is it the real deal?
Thanks for any feedback.
Chaw
Hi Chaw…..
No ..SpySweeper is the real deal, forsure.
I was advised also by an IT to install t ..ALONG with…SpyBot..SpyWareBlaster, of which I already had.
I would greatly recommend you take look at www.firetrust.com… check out Mailwasher Pro and Benign…..I use A2(squared) also. its from emisoft.com. great clean up files and scanns all the drives for all the junk.
With mailwasherPro and Benign…A2 has yet to have to do anything.
Ive had "0" traces or web buggs, and had a great time with MSBLASTER and the latest one last year…"F" something. MailwasherPro coupled with Benign..encodes email..makes it BENIGN..non cancerous…so email is readible..ALL of it. Thus, it cleans out and rehashes web buggs, trojans, HTML embedds and trackers..of all types of crap. I just rely on both those products..and my mailware finders get a break!!!
By the By…Dump NORTON/Symantech crap…get A.V.G ..The freebee AV from www.grifsoft.com. IF you use ZAPro…you will see a 1K% improovement….I GaronTee!! EVEN if you dont have Zone Alarm Pro..you will be seeing a BIG difference getting away from NORTON/Syman_SUCK!!
have you thought about a router? No more subscriptions for a Firewall..you would own your own.
But, yes you do have one of the best Spyware busters out there.
have A dandy day!!
getsteppin