This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Can I delete quarantined files in scans?

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I'm sorry if I'm in the wrong place, but … When I run Norton, AdAware, or SpyBot they quarantine files that are dangerous to my computer. Should I leave those quarantined files, or can I delete them? I regularly delete the ones in Norton, but not the others. Are they just sucking up space on my hd? Most of them seem to be in the temp internet files, which I empty out a few times a day. Some are cookies, which I also delete often. Thanks, Mandy

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI