virus scan results: infected files found
2 min read
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ActiveScan\imscan.dll: Sirius.Annihilator.272 FOUND
CastleCops reports Members being concerned/confused about this same line in ActiveScan (Panda)
I suppose you've done a Panda Online Scan in the past?
The item you're concerned about appears to be a component of their scan/identification .dat file
If you continue to be concerned, run a few online scans
http://housecall.trendmicro.com
or
http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/acti…CACHEHINT=Guest
Next:
Clean out your Temps and Temporary Internet files as follows:
To clean out all the temporary files and cookies on your system.
Go to
Start - Run - (type) "cleanmgr" without the quotes.
Let it scan your system for files to remove.
Check these three boxes and then press ok to remove:
Temporary Files,
Temporary Internet Files,
Recycle Bin.
Then GoTo:
Start - Find/search - Files or folders - in the named box, type: *.tmp
When the list is generated, choose
Edit - select all - File - delete.
Note: If you cannot delete them all at once because you have too many, then click and hold ctrl and highlight a batch of them at a time. Once highlighted, R-click over the highlight and select delete.
Then use
Start - Run - (type) "%temp%" (without the quotes).
Delete the entire contents of that "temp" folder
(use Edit - Select All - press "Delete", click "Yes").
Then,
Empty your Temporary Internet Cache completely.
Close all instances of Outlook and Internet Explorer,
then use "Control Panel - Internet Options - General tab and click the "Delete File" button.
When prompted place a check in: "Delete all offline content", then click OK.
Then, use Windows Explorer to clean out ALL the other temp folders on your system
(navigate to the folder, (as listed below)
use "Edit - Select All", press "Delete", click "Yes"
* C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\
* C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\
* C:\Documents and Settings\\Local Settings\Temp\
* C:\Windows\Prefetch\
* Empty your "Recycle Bin".
Note: This is a long manual way to clear out .tmp files. It is safe and highly recommended.
Eventually you may wish to use a "tool" to do this procedure for you on a regular basis.
Download: CleanUp! 4.50 from http://www.stevengould.org
Read about all the options for using this device and use it only after you are satisfied that you understand what it will do for you. I use it regularly, and have a squeaky clean computer as a result. I recommend the default setting that are set during installation.
If your concerns persist, Run and Post a HJT Log over in the TC HighJackThis Forum.
Best Regards
I don't remember, but I guess I must have at some point. Anyway, I quarantined that file "imscan.dll", then went to Panda to scan. It installed a new version of ActiveScan without that file, so I guess they've eliminated that issue.I suppose you've done a Panda Online Scan in the past?
The item you're concerned about appears to be a component of their scan/identification .dat file
Thanks, dough, for the temp files cleanup tips.
Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI