Build Theme!
  •  
  • Infected?

WE'RE SURE THAT YOU'LL LOVE US!

Hey there! :wub: Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account. When you create an account, we remember exactly what you've read, so you always come right back where you left off. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. You can like posts to share the love. :D Join 93083 other members! Anybody can ask, anybody can answer. Consistently helpful members may be invited to become staff. Here's how it works. Virus cleanup? Start here -> Malware Removal Forum.

Try What the Tech -- It's free!

Photo

quarantined items

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Def_101

Def_101

• Authentic Member
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:35 AM

i was wondering when my anti virus and spyware programs find and quarantine objects what do i do after that? is it safe to delete? or is there a way to clean the files?

Advertisements

Register to Remove

#2 DanielD

DanielD

Silver Member

• Visiting Tech
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts

Posted 10 August 2008 - 12:59 PM

Well this topic is a month old however you haven't even gotten one response so I'll try. When your anti-virus program quarantines an object, there should be an option in the program to delete it. If you choose it, then yes it should delete the virus, that's why there's an option for restore, and another option for delete. Delete shouldn't do anything else but delete the infected file. However sometimes you want to keep the file, so yes there is a way to clean the files. You can not do it yourself but most anti-virus programs have an option called "Heal", if you choose this the program will make it's best attempt to take the virus out while leaving the file. This may not always work though and your file can be damaged or the virus may not be removed, it all depends on the circumstances. I've never really had a virus that infected other files, it's always been a file of it's own, in which case you of course should choose "Delete".
The internet's most useful tool, Google.

"Life's like a game of Poker, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose" - Garfield