This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Spyware / Malware / Virus Removal

Help With Hijack This Log Please

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hi,
I am currently helping my friend to remove spyware, trojans, and 12 different viruses from this pc. I am no expert and would appreciate someone having a look at the log to see how I am getting on.
Also I have installed AVG free edition and have 26 items in quarantine. Am I able to delete these files without re-infecting the pc or do I have to keep them in the quarantine vault?
Thank you

log as follows

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:57:28, on 12/03/2005
Platform: Windows ME (Win9x 4.90.3000)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP1 (6.00.2800.1106)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SSDPSRV.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\TASKMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SYSTRAY.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RESTORE\STMGR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\AOL spyware PROTECTION\AOLSP SCHEDULER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WMIEXE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGCC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGEMC.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\GRISOFT\AVG FREE\AVGAMSVR.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\SYGATE\SPF\SMC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\WBEM\WINMGMT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AOL 9.0A\WAOL.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\ACS\AOLACSD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\RNAAPP.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\TAPISRV.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\AOL 9.0A\SHELLMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\SPOOL32.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\COMMON FILES\AOL\AOLTPSPD.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\INTERNET EXPLORER\IEXPLORE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\RSRCMTR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PSTORES.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\SECURITY\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.ntlworld.com/
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://www.ntlworld.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Connection Wizard,ShellNext = http://www.ntlworld.com/
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Window Title = Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by ntl:home
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8888B03B-48E4-7675-8350-DA71C46D5E91} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DEOUOIS.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6DA975EA-CBB4-411B-97C0-DB0A892BF2C1} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VEDOJIJO.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Kangaroo - {663C7429-E454-11D3-B9AE-0000B4C32B4D} - C:\IDC\WEBKA.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: &Radio - {8E718888-423F-11D2-876E-00A0C9082467} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSDXM.OCX
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ScanRegistry] C:\WINDOWS\scanregw.exe /autorun
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TaskMonitor] C:\WINDOWS\taskmon.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PCHealth] C:\WINDOWS\PCHealth\Support\PCHSchd.exe -s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SystemTray] SysTray.Exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AOL spyware Protection] "C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\AOL\AOLSPY~1\AOLSP Scheduler.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AVG7_EMC] C:\PROGRA~1\GRISOFT\AVGFRE~1\AVGEMC.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [LoadPowerProfile] Rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,LoadCurrentPwrScheme
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [SSDPSRV] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ssdpsrv.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [*StateMgr] C:\WINDOWS\System\Restore\StateMgr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\RunServices: [KB891711] C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KB891711\KB891711.EXE
O9 - Extra button: Kangaroo - {06A18DC1-FE86-11d3-B9AF-0000B4C32B4D} - http://knowledge-assistant.com/webka/toolbar/tbie.asp (file missing)
O9 - Extra button: Real.com - {CD67F990-D8E9-11d2-98FE-00C0F0318AFE} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\Shdocvw.dll
O12 - Plugin for .mts: C:\Program Files\MetaCreations\MetaStream\npmetastream.dll
O14 - IERESET.INF: START_PAGE_URL=http://www.ntlworld.com/
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5/asinst.cab
O16 - DPF: {04E214E5-63AF-4236-83C6-A7ADCBF9BD02} (HouseCall Control) - http://housecall-beta.trendmicro.com/housecall/xscan60.cab
O16 - DPF: {0E5F0222-96B9-11D3-8997-00104BD12D94} (PCPitstop Utility) - http://www.pcpitstop.com/pcpitstop/PCPitStop.CAB
O16 - DPF: {A90A5822-F108-45AD-8482-9BC8B12DD539} (Crucial cpcScan) - http://www.crucial.com/controls/cpcScanner.cab
O16 - DPF: {4A3CF76B-EC7A-405D-A67D-8DC6B52AB35B} (QDiagAOLCCUpdateObj Class) - http://aolcc.aolsvc.aol.co.uk/computercheckup/qdiagcc.cab
O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\VxD\MSTCP: Domain = aoldsl.net
Hello mm4in, Welcome to TomCoyote forum. I think it is great that you would be willing to help your friend clean up their computer. I wish you to know that free malware removal is available if you wish to learn more to help your friends and perhaps others. Just let me or any member of the HJT team know you are interested.

You are doing very well and I will see if I can help from here. I see aol and ntl, if your friend does not use ntl I will clean some stuff ntl has installed that is just clutter, let me know in the next post. If you see any other items in the log your friend wishes removed, let me know about them also.

Also I have installed AVG free edition and have 26 items in quarantine. Am I able to delete these files without re-infecting the pc or do I have to keep them in the quarantine vault

You should delete everything in the quarantine file right away and then empty the recycle bin and restart the computer. Do that first.

Next, open HJT and click on Scan then put a check in the box in front of these lines:

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {8888B03B-48E4-7675-8350-DA71C46D5E91} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DEOUOIS.DLL
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {6DA975EA-CBB4-411B-97C0-DB0A892BF2C1} - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\VEDOJIJO.DLL

Close all programs but HJT and all browser windows then click on "Fix Checked"

If you have not run Spybot, use this tutorial, make sure it is updated and allow it remove anything it locates:
Spybot
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial43.html

Update AVG FREE then choose complete system scan, run this and fix anything located. If there is something it can't fix I need the exact, complete name and location.

Run this free online scan using the same instructions as with AVG FREE:
http://www.windowsecurity.com/trojanscan/ IF you have any problems running that one, then use this one:
http://housecall.trendmicro.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Empty the recycle bin and restart the computer, stay in this same thread. Post a new log along with feedback from the scans and any comments you think I should have.

Thanks…pskelley
TomCoyote forum
Slyware Warrior
Member has not posted since 3/15/2005
If you need this topic reopened, please request this by sending an email to us at the following link
(Click for address)
Include your post user name and detail why you need it reopened with a valid link to your post.
Any bad links or emails that are not from the original poster will be deleted without response.
Any emails without the subject "Reopen" will be deleted without being looked at.

If this is not your thread please start a New Topic.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI