This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

start up programs

1 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

I am trying to cut down on my start up programs, but when I ran the misconfig program, I had alot that I didn't know what they were. Can anyone help me figure out what they are or at least tell me how to "look them up"? THANKS!!!!
It really depends on what OS your running as to what you "need". Windows XP, for example, you dont need anything at all (however with XP you have services which you can learn all about here Blackviper.com
Thanks for the links, but when I run the misconfig, it is only giving me part of the program names followed by dots. I can't seem to get it to show me the whole name. Does anyone know how to get all of it to show up? There isn't a "maximize" button to click, properties box, and I can't even enlarge the window myself. :huh:
put your pointer between were it says startup item.. and command …. when it changes to the arrows.. press and hold left mouse button and slide

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI