This is a read-only archive. No new posts or registrations. Privacy Page
Software

Nothing happens

2 min read

This thread's last reply is from . Advice, software, and links below may be out of date — treat specific steps and download links with caution.

Looking for the outcome? Ask AI

Hey I have a question and it may be stupid question but when I click on a link in my email or on a website it does not open up and I'm not sure why. It started doin this ac ouple of days ago. If I could get any help it would be greatly appreciated? Thanks in advance
What web browser do you use? IE8, IE9, FireFox, Google Chrome, Opera, ?????? What do you use for E-mail? Do you read it in your browser or do you use Windows Live Mail, Firebird or some other program.
Okay, thank you.

This happens with both Yahoo and AOL then?

My first guess would be your anti-virus software. What do you use?

As a test, boot to Safe Mode with Networking and see if links in E_mail now work.

Start your computer in safe mode
Advanced startup options (including safe mode)
I am not sure what it is this is my sisters computer but, I think its microsoft security essentials. How would I tart it in safe mode?
I think its the pop-up blocker I just had went on a website where I had to turn off the pop up blocker and it let me open the link. Im not sure if thats solved the problem or do you think its something else? Please let me know I hope I didnt waste your time if you think that the case Sorry
Another poster had a similar problem. I recommended turning off the popup blocker. Waiting to see if that fixes that problem as well. Thanks again.

Ask AI

AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date

Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI