I think my IE has been hijacked. Every time I open it, first 'about blank' and then 'Your Home Page' appears which has the XP graphics look. Strange Pop-up windows also warn about my system being infected.
I have ran Adaware, updated and ran Spybot several times but it says "some entries can't be fixed because they're possibly in use (in memory)." What should I do? Help, anyone? Thanks in advance.
Dellfan
Im having the identical same problem! I ran adaware and it didnt catch it….ran spybot and said it cant delete it….ran a free scan and there are items that are on there hijacking my browser so i cant change my hompage…i have 2 items in my taskbar by my clock in the right corner….one is a flashing exclamation mark and the other is a round red exclamation mark!….Im not stupid when it comes to comps but this stuff is making me feel dumb!!
added:
While going through problems posted by other members, one name struck me. Now I remember one of the items Spybot failed to fix was 'smifraud'. Shall I post a HJT log? Immediate Help will be greatly appreciated, possibly from micah6:8. He helped me last time.
Dellfan
Hi spyda_D,
Perhaps our posts were overlooked. These guys are breaking their backs trying to solve the problems WE create. May be they're busy and will come to us at an appropriate time. In the meantime you can visit neoplanet.co.uk and post your problem there after registering. I got great help and got rid of my probs.
dellfan
✨ Ask AI
AI can make mistakes. Check the cited posts. Archived advice can be out-of-date
Don't include personal information. Questions and selected public posts go to OpenAI. About Ask AI